Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Home.

If you were to look in the dictionary and search the word "Home" the standard text would say

Home-
noun, adjective, adverb, verb, homed, hom·ing.

–noun
1. a house, apartment, or other shelter that is the usual residence of a person, family, or household.

If you were to look it up online you would be flooded with over 60 variations. None of which truly captured my feelings on the word  today as I was shown by Gods legacy in faith and love what that word truly meant to me.

Odd to say and think at the moment as I look around my in-loves office in which my family is currently living under their roof until we find our own "Home" in Denton to live and be a family in. But seriously, what makes a home a HOME?

God has shown Evan and I exactly where we need to be this week. He not only protected us through the storm of the last 7 months but he unveiled in us a new sense of what we were called to be as husband & wife, as parents, as friends, as children, as Christians and also as individuals.

He also did it in simplistic ways. Why, did we fight him so hard?!

Sometimes when we face an impasse in our lives we often go through this mirage of options, some choices are easier than others, some are more realistic, but in the end the more simple and to the point option seems to get passed along...that is until we take the blinders off and jump head first and when we surface again we feel really dumb for not seeing the answer when it was right in our faces or we feel humilated to have had such feelings of doubt, stress, anxiety, etc. when he always had it under control.

I hope you know where your "Home" is.

I like my list as of late.
My Home is-
  • My Daughter
  • My Husband
  • My Family
  • My Friends
  • That smell that takes me back to my childhood.
  • That road that I have memorized no matter the changes it takes.
  • The songs that make me cry with longing.
  • My Church and the comfort it brings.
  • The Places I can tell stories about until the day I die.
  • That recepie I can't quite master the way my mom could.
  • The sunsets/sunrises that never leave me without awe
  • The place I met my love.
  • The woods I ran wild in.
  • The traditions we make or the ones we keep through the years.
  • My Journals


-Brittnye

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...