I'm not really big on resolutions (i.e. I fail at keeping them) but last night on the train heading back I just stated making this mental lists if things I know I can do for myself if I just write it down and make a list or a goal board to stare at daily. Here's a sample:
- Be more crafty- Focus on using my skills and talents to give people gifts that have more meaning than material items I tend to focus on.
- Be more available- Stop making excuses to bail out of plans with new friends due to my fear of rejection and change.
- Stay more positive- Already this is in motion after our hardships from the past 4 months but I still would like to be more positive about things.
- Pray more- My God has never let me down and I continuously fail him almost daily. I plan on praying more, relying on him more, seeking him more in all situations and get back to my roots of my walk with Christ.
- Be more active- I started running in March and was doing really well before November came around and my routine got messed up. I plan on starting my goal to do a 5k again ASAP, get a new routine that I can stick to and maybe even join a gym like I've always dreamed of doing. I also would like to lose15-25lbs and keep it off for more than 3 months.
- Go to school- This is a big goal I wish to do and I don't see it happening before the fall but my plan is to be ready come next winter to actually attend college and go for a degree.
I'll leave you with a few pictures from my week. It was a busy busy BUSY end to my year full of friends and family. LOVED IT. Wish my weeks could be that eventful more often.
Evan and I along with his brother Jarrod, his girlfriend Sarah, my childhood friend Ryan and his date Kate all went to Dallas to ring in the new year at victory plaza. Evans best friend, Nick plays in the band Sleeperstar and they won the "Fast Track to Fame" contest and performed on the main stage and on TV for the Big D NYE event. We were on TV a few times last night and the guys were amazing. Hands down the best new years I have had in almost 4 years (we're homebody's). Check them out on facebook, twitter and even iTunes.
Hope you have a great start to the new year. Here's to much Love & Blessings this 2011.