Saturday, August 14, 2010

Friend-a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard.

Say what you want and be who you are because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

-Dr Seuss
 
That has become my new favorite quote this week and I  felt like sharing that off the bat.
 
This week has been so busy and I feel bad for not blogging sooner because I fear I may not be able to remember all the good parts of it to share now. Needless to say this summer is almost coming to an end for me with MDO starting back up and things are finally starting to settle down!
 
My dear friend Therese came down from KC Saturday through Tuesday. I haven't seen her since she moved in October so her husband, Ross could go to graduate school in Lawrence. Needless to say it was something I have been looking forward to for over a month!
One of our last get togethers before they moved October 2009
 
Last time they saw Avery she only had 2 teeth,no hair and was just learning to walk!

Ross had to work so Therese came down solo for the 4 days. She stayed with some friends saturday but came up to Denton Sunday afternoon to join Evan, Avery and I. It was so good to see her smiling face again! We walked around the square, ate Beth Marie's, shopped at Recycled Books and then headed back to Nan & Garys before heading out to Lake Ray Roberts.

While getting ready to go though, Therese locked her keys in Ross's truck so we had to wait for a locksmith to come rescue her. By the time that was all over Avery was super fussy so Nan & Gary watched her while Evan and I took Therese to the Lake. It was perfect. The sunset was awesome, the water was just right and it was hardly crowded at all. We swam for a bit and the 3 of us hung out on the booeys practicing our balancing skills and letting ourselves turn to mush in the wonderful water. After we left the lake we headed to DQ for some blizzards (Those mini-ones are the PERFECT size).

We headed back to Fort Worth for the night and were eager for bed. Monday Therese had some things to do while Avery and I kept a playdate (that was a bust thanks to bully kids :( ). After Averys nap we met Therese at one of my FAVE places in Fort Worth for some chill time. I love Central Market and Therese is the one who got me hooked to this amazing place. We sat on the patio eating fruit and let Avery chase the birds before heading in and enjoying all the goodies. I bought some Yummy Sourdough Bread and got Evan his favorite Root Beer. Therese spiled Avery with Raspberry cookies and got me a cream puff that was YUM-MO!
I could stand in their Bread and Bakery section all day!! Soo many choices and so many wonderful aromas. I love their breads and now thanks to Therese I can add their Breakfast bread to my list of addictions along with Choc. Cherry Bread, Sourdough Bread, Rosemary Bread and a new one with some amazing Olive Oil in it that literally bursts in your mouth.

We headed back to my house and got ready for our Girls Night Out.
We met up with Kate who is who we met through. Kate & Therese went to Nursing School at TCU together and Kate is married to Evans best friend, Nick. We met Therese & Ross at Nick & Kates wedding shower when Avery was only 3 weeks old. It was our first outing as parents and we're kinda avoiding the big group but Therese is a NICU nurse and LOVES babies so she came over and BOOM we've been super close every since......

We went to this AMAZING Sushi place called Piranha Killer Sushi downtown Fort Worth. I had the Dragon Roll - shrimp tempura & asparagus with salmon & avocado  and it was soooooooooooo good. A little spicy due to the sauce but G-M-O I am now hooked on that place. It was nice decor and location was a A+. No wonder Therese craves this place!

After Sushi we walked down the street trying to find a place to get a drink or dessert when Therese mentioned Reatas. I have no idea how I never knew of this place as long as I have lived in the area. We sat on the roof which had an amazing view and ate some RIDICULOUSLY good desserts and talked for over 3 hours. A must try on a date. Here's the Link.                                   

My only complaint was the service. Our waitress seemed annoyed when we ordered water to drink while deciding if we should get drinks and once we told her we wanted Dessert she took away our menus, silverware and bread basket and came back with a tray of mini-desserts and went through a half-hearted, couldn't really care-less, description of each before we chose our selections, after that she disappeared for the evening. So BOO to her.
Kate, Me & Therese @ Reata
The Sign & The View
Eenie, Meenie, Miney, Moe...
I had the Chocolate Cake with Drunken Berries, Kate had the Apple Crisp & Therese had the Parker County Peach Cobbler which was 2x's bigger than Kate and I's desserts but they were all FANTASTIC!

Such a great time and so deserved/needed for all 3 of us!
The next morning Therese packed up and said Adios to Texas. She kept me updated with random txts throughout her 9 hour drive back. Poor Avery we didn't know what to do without a house guest and no plans. The next morning she ran around the kitchen and our bedroom asking "Tees? Tees?!" It took me awhile to figure out she was looking for Therese :( . Therese couldn't believe how big Avery was, so much hair, so many teeth and such a chatter-box.

Can't wait for November when (HOPEFULLY) we'll head their way.

So that was pretty much my week. I go in tomorrow to get my class room ready for my kiddos. I say kiddos because I know God is going to bless MDO with more students. I am in the 1-year old class room this year and so far, Avery is my 1 and only student!

I'll close with a picture of Avery and Baby Krystal (My niece) we're still learning how to be gentle with the baby, but Avery just loves her!

She weighs 8lbs finally @9 weeks old. But is still in preemie clothes. So stinking tiny.

Love & Blessings,
Brittnye & Co.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...