Tuesday, January 14, 2014

A little bit of this, a little bit of that..

This month is flying by! 

After my last post about rocking the Flu for NYE, my germs decided to share themselves on my entire family! 2 weeks of each of us taking turns was horrendous. Poor Avery, she had it the worse with having H1N1 while not suffering ALL the symptoms like I did. Evan and Alyssa had milder versions of the flu and Alyssa seemed to take the longest to get rid of it. Needless to say, I was full on mama bear mode and fretting like crazy and hardly sleeping. My energy is still not fully back yet, I tire very easily and my appetite is still not fully back. Avery went back to school today and was more thrilled than Evan and I.

Lesson learned. If the Dr.'s office cancels your flu shot appointment, seek alternative places to get it! I still can't get the shot but I'll get the pneumonia shot to help my body battle anything the winter brings with it.

Speaking of winter, where is it?! The US is in this huge freeze while it's in the 60's here. Don't get me wrong, it's on the cool side but after our crazy ice storm in the beginning of December, nothing else has happened. Maybe February will show us a last hurrah? 

Otherwise, life has been all about getting healthy and getting everyone else healthy this month. Alyssa turns ONE on Sunday but due to this mean flu season and so many people with little ones having it, we decided not to have a party. (Does that make me a bad mom?) she'll get a smash cake with family and next week is getting pictures done with our favorite photographer. I'm very excited about that.

Hard to believe she's already a year old. Then again, don't I say that about Avery too? 

Looking forward to our routine and schedules to come back, lots of stuff, exciting stuff is about to take place for us and I'm ready for every bit of it. 

That's all for now,
Brittnye

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...