Sunday, November 7, 2010

When you are down to nothing, God is up to something.

It is amazing how a bad week can influence a series of uplifting events. I feel like I have been through the ringer lately and yet, here I am. Chin up, eyes dry, smile in place, joy in my heart and peace in my soul.

I've come to realize I have friends I never knew I had, or rather, people have come to our aid that I never thought were even paying attention to us or our struggles. I've cried buckets this week, prayed like it was going out of style and had some pretty intense quiet times.

I've also come to realize I am entirely too dependant on myself in hard situations and need to learn when to hand it over to someone else instead of  allowing myself to drown. I'm not alone.

I'll spare you wonderful readers a nagging, negative blog post but know I feel your prayers, I've read and cried over your e-mails, letters, cards and encouraging text messages and FB post. I'm We're grateful and THANKFUL to be so richly blessed with amazing people in our lives to show us God's grace and Love when we (in our human nature) sometimes forget it's there.

JOB 11: 17 & 18
 Life will be brighter than noonday, and darkness will become like morning. You will be secure, because there is hope; you will look about you and take your rest in safety.

I'll end this update with my Thankful list (I'll post in mass since I am only on a computer once a week) as well as a new picture to enjoy.

THANKFUL LIST-

Day 1- I am THANKFUL for a wonderful husband/soulmate/bestfriend who loves me unconditionally, who supports me in everything and who is my strength when I am weak.  10 Years of  friendship, 7 years of togetherness, 5 years of marriage and 2 years as parents. Evan, you make me whole.

Day 2- I am THANKFUL for the gift of motherhood. For the blessing that is Avery, she makes me live, she makes me have dreams and teaches me more than I ever thought. Her smile is my sunlight, her laughter my joy and I'd be lost without her. How you blessed my life Cuppycake. I do it all with God's guidance in your upbringing and can only pray I do him and you proud.

Day 3- I am THANKFUL for hard times. They teach me my strength and weaknesses, they show me my faith at it's worst and best. They help define me and teach me that I can live through them with my head held high.

Day 4- I am THANKFUL for FAMILY. Through blood or marriage I love you and am Thankful you are in my life.

Day 5- I am THANKFUL for my siblings. Jonathon, Joshua, Desiree, Jackye & Jarrod. You are all wonderfully unique and I love you each in different ways. You know me through and through and support me as I do you. I hope you know I am here for you always and don't know how I'd manage without your friendship and love.

Day 6- I am THANKFUL for Jesus's sacrifice on the cross so that I may live. For God's love in sending him and for his relationship in my heart and soul. I once was lost but now am found and my debt knows no bounds.

Day 7- I am THANKFUL for the men and women who serve in the military of this great nation. To fight for my freedom and that of many others so that my rights as an American are intact as the founding fathers of this country deemed so many years ago is a blessing to me. THANK YOU for your pride, your passion, your selflessness and dedication.

Blessings & Love,
Britt & Co.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...