Sunday, November 14, 2010

Thankful Pt.2

Thursday at MDO are Chapel days. The kids come and gather in the "story pit" as I like to call it and they sing a few chapel songs and then Chas (Youth Pastor) teaches them a story from the bible. It often encites a batch of odd conversations semi-about the story and the rest about things that ADD provoked but it always makes me smile.
This past Thursday Chas was MIA so Heather (the MDO director) stepped in and read the children a book about Thanksgiving. Before reading the book she asked the kids "What are we Thankful for?" in which several kids raised their hands and eagerly shared what they were Thankful for..."My puppy" was one answer..."My mom and Dad" another chimed in..."My brother" from another kid and then...the best answer of all from a 3 year old little girl "Spaceships."


Day 8:  I'm THANKFUL for mornings I get to sleep in.


Day 9: I'm THANKFUL for my friends. I don't have a large number of close friends, but I do know there are a lot of good people, near and far, who I can count on, who care about me, and who want only the best for me. I truly value my friends and will never have "enough" or too many.

Day 10: I'm THANKFUL for knowing when to quit: I like knowing that I'm able to walk away from things that don't make me happy or aren't satisfying. Sometimes it takes a while to come to terms with "quitting," but I'm glad I've had the guts to do it when it has really mattered.

Day 11: I'm THANKFUL for TODAY.

Day 12: I'm THANKFUL for having a supportive brother who made a road trip now one of my favorite memories of him and I. Not to mention the conversations and assurance that I'm not a complete failure as a sister, just misunderstood at times.

Day 13: I'm THANKFUL for Pumpkin flavored things...coffee, pie, kolaches, lotion, candles, etc.

Day 14: I'm THANKFUL for Home cooked meals. Nothing more I love than Nan's Chicken Noodle Soup or her meatloaf or...well, any of her meals, she cooks from this really old book and the meals she cooks are always some of the best comfort foods I get spoiled by on the weekends.


Until the next round-
                                                                   Blessings & Love,
                                                                                      Britt & Co.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...