Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Monthly update time!

So much for blogging more.

March has been such a busy and fun month! Between birthdays (both mine and Evans), a weekend trip for me and a guys weekend for him, add spring break for Avery and your caught up.

I love the bustle of life these days. There's been so much time spent with family and friends, so many memorable moments captured as small reflections forever held in my heart. It's funny and rare to catch your breath when life is so full and yet oftentimes, people complain the most during these seasons of life. I was just telling Evan last night how it felt weird (in a good way) to be home on a Sunday night with nothing to do for once and yet just the weekend before I had walked in from a weekend in Austin and wished for just 5min to unpack and catch my breath! It's a no win struggle I suppose. 

Our family is getting into a new routine finally. Evan went to day shift 3wks ago and now is home at night! The first week was rough, as I was alone all day with both girls and quickly realized how good I had it with Evan willing and able to let me run errands or grocery shop solo. Yeah, lesson learned on having both with me when it's close to a meal time or nap time. The girls seemed confused on why daddy was putting them in the bath and doing bedtime when usually mommy does it all, add Avery's not understanding why there were no more daddy bedtime calls since he was with her (seriously, she had an emotional meltdown the first 3 nights. Bless her heart.) and it was a bit chaotic.

I love it.

Now around 4, both girls (Mitsu too) sit at the window with the blinds up and eagerly await his red truck pulling in the drive. 

I'm loving being able to cook actual dinners now and all of us eating whole meals together, it truly is the simplistic things that melt my heart. Also, HELLO social life and date nights, it's been so long!

I tease. Kinda.
-Brittnye

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...