Saturday, August 9, 2014

Transitions

So now with summer winding down and coming to an end, reality is hitting me full force. 

 THINGS. ARE. CHANGING.

 So many new things are starting in a matter of two weeks and whereas I felt prepared and in total control a mere 8 weeks ago, I feel like I'm running in circles with my head cut off now.

 Avery starts KINDERGARTEN on the 25th. 
 Alyssa Starts PRESCHOOL on September 2nd.
 I start a new JOB on the 26th at the PRESCHOOL.

 Yep. You read that right, I'm working again! Mind you, it's a small thing that more or less will allow me to stay distracted about my babies not being babies anymore and going crazy with boredom. Then again, I have to say it's such a God-Send. 

 I had just started talking to Evan about wanting to finally take some steps of taking myself more seriously and finally making an effort to put myself first. Small conversations late at night mind you, when my brain is going a million miles an hour rather than turning off so I can sleep. As usual he was super supportive and agreed with me which freaked me out, so I decided to seriously think and Pray over it. 

 What in the world would I do with two days a week kid free?! What is something I'd want to do after a 4yr working hiatus? Should I try for some night classes at NCTC? I could always step up my volunteering at the shelter more. Just lots to think and pray over... 

Well, withing a week of me half jokingly telling Evan I was thinking of working again or finding something to occupy my new found free time... I get approached by three people, about three separate job openings, at three places I love and frequently go to.

 How in the world does THAT happen?! 

 It was a pretty surreal week to say the least. My quiet times were full of things to surrender and seriously consider. All those pesky fears and doubts tried their best to make me turn down all the offers but in the end, God made it very clear where I needed to be planted. Where my heart would be happiest and where I could do more good and feel amazing at the end of the day. Then add this gem spoken to me from our Pastor. "God is sovereign in all of life's transitions. He gives you grace, he gives you direction and meets you in the middle." "Without a clear purpose you will tend to make choices based on circumstances, pressures and your mood at the moment." (In response to Romans 7:15-25 which was thrown at me repeatedly in a 2wk span)

 How can you ignore that?! 

 As soon as I accepted the offer my heart felt a little overwhelmed. So many people were happy and excited for and with me and I felt so much peace and reassurance about all these big changes happening to our little family. 

 So sure, I may be running around frantic trying to sort out what exactly needs to get done in the next 2wks before all these transitions start to take place, but at least my direction and path are clearly given and protected. Its reassuring on a number of levels. Doesn't mean I'm not going to cry a lot over my babies growing up so ridiculously fast, or have some trepidations for Avery as she enters a whole new normal. Or even Alyssa as she hits another crazy milestone and is put in the care of someone non family for the first time ever. (let it be known, both her teachers are friends and AMAZING woman and I trust them completely). 

 So many changes and I'm ready for each one. 
-Brittnye

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...