Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Incase you were unaware...106* it too hot!

Allow me to say the dumbest thing a Texan can say during the summer months.....IT IS HOT! Okay, well, hot is an understatement it is just down right oppressive and that's in the shade. *pregnant lady grumble*
I'm so THANKFUL for central air and ice water. Also the fact that my sweet daughter has no problem living like hermit and not seeing the sunlight with me as we do not leave the house unless we have too. I ran errands yesterday for 3hrs and when I got home, took a 2hr nap, it just zaps everything out of you. Didn't I just say recently how happy I was about getting my energy back now that I'm in the 2nd trimester?! Where did it go?

We had a great weekend, between a birthday party and a wedding on Saturday to church and celebrating dads birthday at the water park Sunday we were all asleep by 9pm Sunday night (unheard of in our home). I failed to get Avery's little cheeks so she got a tad burned and didn't like sitting on Monday :(. I forgot my face since I never get sunburned on my face but wow, yeah....lesson learned. The next few weekends are (dare I say it) EMPTY. No plans, no events other than church, just free time and with Evans schedule at work being wonky he is off Thurs-Tues which makes me so happy!

I must say I'm having weird issues with this pregnancy, nothing physical mind you but I am so beyond lax about it all. For the past week I haven't felt pregnant at all other than eating weird stuff and a rare but occasionally nudge from the baby. I have planned nothing, haven't thought about what needs to be done, NOTHING. With Avery, once I was 15wks I was in PANIC MODE. I freaked about not being prepared, I organized and planned and shopped and had it all figured out. The only thing I have really talked with Evan about is that if this baby is a girl, we will not move next spring, Avery and the baby can share a room. If it's a boy then we can move once our lease is up. Also colors for a nursery but that seems invalid because there is no nursery this time, the baby will share our room until we move or arrange Avery's room which will mean a new coat of paint, that's it. We decided we'll hang fabric on the wall for the corner the baby will occupy in our room. nothing fancy. Again, so NOT how I am!!!!

Maybe it will change once we find out what we're having in 3 weeks. :)


Other than that, life is still good. We have 5 foster kittens in our home who are so easy to care for. I'm loving all the cuddles and playfulness they have but they eat and then sleep for hours so it's pretty quiet for the most part. :) Heidi, Salsa, Pee-wee, Pancake & Squeaky (we didn't name them, they do fit though!)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...