Friday, September 11, 2009

My! My foot is tasty!

You ever find yourself in a situation where you tell someone you're into something or you like something yet you have no real idea what it is or you actually have never tried it or done it before and then suddenly they invite you to do it with them?!

Yeah, totally happening to me Sunday......

What may it be you wonder? Well, I'm doing my first 5k run/walk! Yep. I have done 2 of them in the past. When I say past I mean HS where I volunteered in one (didn't participate) and the other where I did finish but I couldn't feel my legs for 8 hours.

I'm leaving in the morning to KC for a few days with my dear friend Therese....
Therese and her husband, Ross are moving to KC in October (insert sad face here). Ross is going to grad school for Architecture at KU so they are packing up and moving there. The whole trip is mainly to help Therese find a suitable apartment and for me to unwind and just get away from all the stress I've been dealing with lately. Sounds like a plan to me!
Therese has family in KC that we are staying with and her family is really into running...so much so that they signed us both up for a 5k on Sunday to  bring awareness to Pancreatic and Prostate Cancer. I'm all for this cause, actually, any dealing with Cancer but a 5k?! So soon? *gulp*
Therese and I have been going walking and jogging once a week for the past month and I love it! I used to go running back in my before I had a baby days. I take Avery with me in her stroller and she loves it too! So when Therese and I went last week and she kept asking about if I liked doing marathons or charatble walks/ runs I told her I did and that I have even wanted to do the Breast Cancer 3 day last year but found out a month after I signed up that I was pregnant with Avery and stopped training.
So tonight as she called to ask me for the millionth time if I was still going with her to KC she nonchalantly brought up that her aunt signed us up for the 5k on Sunday and to make sure I brought running shoes.
............Suuuuuuuuuurrrreee.

I plan on taking pictures of the outcome. I feel so unprepared and am fearing that I make an utter fool out of myself in front of Therese and her family!! OY! Wish me luck.

I'm also joining her family to their church too. She's Catholic and I have never been to a mass before. I've been to a Greek Orthodox church with an Ex and they didn't speak english yet alone speak the mass, they sung it! If I can survive that I think I'm good to go on sitting in a mass for my first time. I'm actually looking forward to this trip on so many levels because of all the new things I'm about to experience.

I'll update you ladies and gents with pictures and stories when I get back. For now, I'll leave you with some Avery pics. We took her to Eureka Park where Evan and I go walking but this time we let her try out the actual playground for the first time and she looooved the swing....My baby is getting so big!

-Brittnye
My New Fave.

First time on a swing and she LOVED it.

Off she goes...

PEEK-A-BOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...