Monday, November 14, 2011

Pinterest: Round 2

So after the amazing turn out with the cinnamon roll waffles I grabbed another pic of drool-worthy proportions for my Sweet Mother-in loves birthday celebration this weekend and I must say...it was a hit! And I'm not talking about just to my hips.

Nan asked me for a Birthday pie instead of cake (we Hartfields, we're so different). I thought it would be simple, just find her amazing recipe for her Strawberry pie that is a cure-all for a bad day and whip it up for Sunday....not so much. I looked and looked and could not find it and I was not about to call her for it, that'd be just weird "Hey, you said you wanted pie, can I have your recipe for the one you make without even thinking?" Yeah, that conversation was so NOT happening.

So off to Pinterest I went and there it was on the main page, this beautiful picture of a slice of pie that looked like it came straight from Paula Deens kitchen.
Told ya so.
So there it was, the picture, the recipe and all the easy how-to steps.

So Sunday morning I woke up, went to wal-mart, bought the 3 items I didn't have to make this and set off on a mission in my kitchen. Ready for the recipe? Of course you are.

S'more Pie-
What you'll need:
  • 16 Grahmn crackers
  • 8 tblspn of butter (1 stick)
  • Pinch of salt
  • 10oz. semi-sweet choc. chips
  • 1 bag giant marshmellows
  • 2 eggs
  • 3/4 cup of heavy whipping cream
  • 3/4 cup of milk
What you do:
  • Preheat oven to 325*
  • mix melted butter in with crumbled and chopped up grahmn crackers (I did mine in a food processor) in a medium bowl until moist and smooth
  • in a pie pan spoon mixture and flatten into a thin crust (You'll have plenty left over)
  • Bake fo 8-12 minutes or until fragrant.
  • In a medium sauce pan heat up milk and whipping cream to a boil then reduce heat.

  • Add in chopped semi-sweet choc. chips and stir until melted
  •  
  • Stir it continuously, it'll start outlight then get darker once all the chocolate is melted.
  • Add in pinch of salt and 2 eggs slowly and blend in.
  • Pout chocolate into pie pan and bake in over for 25min until pie is set and doesn't shake when lightly shaken. (I ended up cooking mine for almost 40minutes, you may just need to bump up the heat to 350*)
  • While your pie is baking take half the bag of marshmellows and with kitchen shears, cut them in half.
  • Once pie is out of the oven, place marshmellows on top and place in over set to Broil.

  • Brown marshmellows lightly, this usually takes 1-5min so watch them CAREFULLY!
  • Chill in fridge for 2-3 hours before serving.
  • Chocolate sauce drizzle optional upon serving.
  • *side note* when you serve it, you can microwave your piece for 12-20seconds to heat it up and make it more like a S'more.
YUM, YUM, YUM.
Sorry, I didn't get any pictures of it in it's final appearance or while it was enjoyed by the family. Nan liked it and Evan really liked it. To me it was a bit too rich and almost too much chocolate but I'm not a big choco-holic like my family. Even Avery went to town on this pie and she is NOT a pie kid at all, so over all I give this pie a B+.

Any of you try something from Pinterest you really loved?

Try it and enjoy,
Brittnye

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...