Since moving back to Denton it has been no secret that I have gained a little weight. What with Evan working nights, I no longer cook like I did in Fort Worth. Add that I babysit in the afternoons, it's just so easy for me to pick something up for Avery and I for dinner.
Add that, my lack in running the past month (thanks ridiculous heat) and some health issues and you get.....15lbs. I'm aware that may not seem like a lot but when you consider that I've had a child and am no longer 18-21 or that I've been overweight by about 10 pounds since I was 16 the weight is very much noticeable in areas I've never had to worry about before. Add a few things said to me by people in a very hurtful way and well....I can't avoid it with t-shirts and running shorts anymore.
Time for a change.
SO....I'm considering a new blog all about my weight-loss/ Healthy living process and perhaps, if I can figure out how to add a tab on my blog, I may just put it all there. Still in debate.
After Mondays horrible revelation on a number of levels. I cried it out over 48hrs, had a fit of denial, texted a few VIP ladies, went into a pity party, got mad and finally took a good, long and honest look at myself then made up my mind. GOODBYE YOU, HELLO ME! I'm making a change for me. I'm doing it for my confidence, my self-worth, my health and ultimately for my family. Start a chain reaction so to speak.
So here's a few things I've decided on and have already written out for my big over-haul this weekend.
- Join a Gym (Done today)
- Meet with a personal trainer for an assessment (Tomorrow at 11am)
- Start a calorie counter app (Myfitnesspal on the iPhone, LOVE!)
- Say goodbye to Sodas except 1 on Saturdays
- Cut out red-meat
- Run at least 4 days a week
- Cook dinner and lunch, no more eating out unless on special occassions or with family on Sundays.
- Set a goal weight (but a realistic, healthy one)
- DO NOT GET SUCKED IN THE AMOUNT YOU LOSE OR GAIN ON THIS JOURNEY.
- Get a friend to join in Zumba or some other class. (have one)
- Go through closet and get rid of articles with over 4 years of wear.
- Buy more organic.
- Buy more health concsious snacks and food rather than junk.
- Enforce good eating habits, hardcore. (My toddler is super picky!)
Seems like a good start so far, right?
I'll be starting my new tab or new blog this saturday. And I warn you, it'll be REAL honest. I'm not going to hold back at all about anything in regard to myself and my journey. I may throw in some healthy tips and recepies along the way.